Two things that I ask someone to explain:

1. How does the 3-word position-designation work? Aside from the names of
the positions, what is the co-ordinate system? Latitude & longitude? How
are the 3 words chosen for each of the 3 meter by 3-meter locations?

2. What's wrong with latitude & longitude?

...or, if preferred, some widely-used plane-coordinate system?

Michael Ossipoff