From: <jmikes...@ntlworld.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2017 7:20 AM
To: "Frank King" <f...@cl.cam.ac.uk>; <sundial@uni-koeln.de>
Subject: Re[2]: Leap Second Quiz Question

Frank wrote:
<<I am a huge fan of leap seconds
and see no reason to change this
scheme until the earth starts
slowing down more than 2 seconds
a year. All this wind power and
tidal power could accelerate that
happening!>>

I was at a talk recently by a guy who was promoting the use of tidal energy.
(You know what you are going to get every day was his main theme"

At the end he invited questions, so I asked if the generation of electricity by the use of tidal power would slow down the earth or moon.
He looked nonplussed.
I guess it might - comments welcomed.

Mike Shaw
53º21' N  3º02'W