Dear Frank,

I think the most important thing is:

WOZ (LAT) does not comply to an absolute position: it always defines the
local time defined by the local Sun position only. So WOZ (LAT) in
Grieskirchen is different from WOZ (LAT) in Greenwich or from WOZ (LAT) in
Gmünd/Lower Austria which is exactly at 15° East meridian.

Whereas MEZ is defined as MOZ at the 15° East meridian.

WOZ, MOZ, MEZ, MESZ just exist in the German language.

I did not know about the other meaning of WOZ resp. FET in international
terms. I think it is "semiofficial".

The longitude offset from 0° in my terms is calculated by the EoL - the
equation of longitude:
    EoL = LONGITUDE [°] / 15° * 60 min.

We all know about the second parameter which is the EoT - the equation of
time:
    EoT is about +/-15 min depending on the season.

And finally:
    LAT = UTC + EoL + EoT.

Yes, there are another abbreviations running by sundial builders and time
keepers and so.

Regards
Kurt