Diese Nachricht wurde eingewickelt um DMARC-kompatibel zu sein. Die
eigentliche Nachricht steht dadurch in einem Anhang.

This message was wrapped to be DMARC compliant. The actual message
text is therefore in an attachment.
--- Begin Message ---
This is a lot of math for me to digest at once!

One sanity check I like to use is setting the azimuth to due south (whether
180° or 0°).  In this case, latitude, and declination don't make any difference
and the hour angle should be zero.

Having written these equations, can you readily see if this sanity check holds
true?

> On Jul 20, 2024, at 11:50 AM, Steve Lelievre
> <steve.lelievre.can...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 2024-07-20 7:01 a.m., John Goodman via sundial wrote:
>> My ultimate objective is to find the sun's hour angle on a given day, in a
>> given location, when it reaches a selected azimuth.
> John, here's my attempt. I've never used this result so my calculation needs
> checking.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve
>

> δ is solar declination