Hello,

I managed to install and configure SRSS 4.2 on Fedora 12, but I have problems with sound.

On the system console, the sound works (so the problem is not in Fedora-not-supporting-multimedia).

The env variables AUDIODEV and UTAUDIODEV are set to /tmp/SUNWut/dev/utaudio/utdsp-0, the devices in /tmp/SUNWut/dev/utaudio are created:

total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 root    root   4096 2010-03-08 11:53 ./
drwxr-xr-x 3 root    staff  4096 2010-03-08 11:07 ../
crw------- 1 skoumal staff 14, 3 2010-03-08 11:53 utdsp-0
prw------- 1 skoumal staff     0 2010-03-08 11:53 utdsp-0stat|
crw------- 1 skoumal staff 14, 0 2010-03-08 11:53 utmix-0

When I try to play something, the system pretends to play, but no sound can be heard.

I even tried to replace the DTU, but the new one behaves exactly the same way.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Hana