On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Hana Skoumalova wrote:

Alexander Koponen wrote:
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010, Aaron Wilson wrote:

Fresh install of RHEL5 and SRSS

I attempt the compile and get

[r...@slosunray01 debugger]# gcc -shared -O2 -Wall -Werror -licuuc
-lssl flashsupport-for-linux-sunray.c -o libflashsupport.so
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cckq5egN.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local
symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with
-fPIC
/tmp/cckq5egN.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

So then I tried it with -fPIC

gcc -shared -O2 -Wall -Werror -licuuc -lssl -fPIC
flashsupport-for-linux-sunray.c -o libflashsupport.so

That didn't throw any errors, but I still get no sound in firefox :(

* Is libflashsupport.so in /usr/lib/ ?
* Have you done : export AUDIODEV=`utaudio`
* Have you closed firefox and all other applications that might steal the
  sound, like mp3-players and rdesktop, etc
* And most important: do you get sound at all?
you can try this with the "sound of god test" which is:
cat /boot/vmlinuz > $AUDIODEV

I have a similar problem. First, I compiled libflashsupport.so with the
option -m32, as I run a 64-bit OS. When I copy it to /usr/lib, SeaMonkey
or Firefox (both are 32-bit versions) crashes. After removing that
library from /usr/lib, the web browsers work, but flash has no sound.

AUDIODEV is set to /tmp/SUNWut/dev/utaudio/utdsp-0 and the sound works.

Hana

I've seen several similar problems when i try to run 64-bit OS.
Like wine not working, java needs to be 32bit for SRSS to run.
Flash issues - i just ended up putting in 32bit OS instead. Not optimal but it gives me more functionality.

 -- Alexander