Craig, thanks for your response.  You are right, this is not a one-to-one
comparison.

We are now looking at running the SRSS on the same Linux servers that are
running the

IC-CAD software, thus eliminating the extra hop.

We will try this out on a VM Linux server,  because we can't take down and
existing

Linux CAD server just to install SRSS and get this working.

Question: is it possible to install SRSS on a Linux server without rebooting
the server  ?

thanks,

    -steve