Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
HeavyDuty wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:

I think you misunderstood here. When connecting to comcast's SMTP server, you'll
never provide your Mcleod user name and/or password.

If that is the case, how is that I can send earthlink e-mail accounts using the smtpauth.earthlink.net server address while using the Comcast cable?

Some providers allow 'relaying', others do not.

For example: If I use my cogeco connection, I can mail 'out' using either my cogeco id or my sympatico id (user/pass). But if I use the sympatico connection, I cannot use my cogeco id.

Sympatico doesn't allow 'relaying' - Cogeco does.

Well, I don't know whether I am relaying when I use my earthlink server sending earthlink email using the comcast pipe. That is comcast allows.

My mcleodusa account workarounds are to use the earthlink server with my account name, or the comcast server with my friend's comcast account name. I do not get challenged for a password, so I am thinking it's the mcleodusa password that's needed and automatically provided to mcleodusa by seamonkey password manager while the comcast server is passive.