On 2/8/2009 7:14 PM, flyguy wrote:
> Mark Hansen wrote:

>>> it looks the same to me in IE7 as it does in SM 1.1.14.
>>>
>>> Perhaps the suggestions here might help:
>>>
>>> http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Websites+look+wrong
>>>
>>> If not, then post a screenshot of what you see, cause I
>>> sure don't see anything wrong.
>>>
>> Using SeaMonkey 1.1.13 on Linux, if I just increase the font size a
>> little, everything gets hosed. Try Ctrl+Plus a couple or three times
>> and you should see it.
>
> Bingo! My minimum font size (Appearance|Fonts|Minimum) was set to 12.
> Setting to 11 and everything is in place and looking good. I've never
> come across a site that was so sensitive to font size; ocasionally,
> enlarging the font might overlap some text or put a few characters on
> the border where they are a little harder to read. But, to have 90% of
> the page disappear off to the right is unprecedented for me!
>
> As noted, three ctrl+ and 90% of the page jumps a page width or so the
> right. That's with the minimum font size set to 11.

That indicates that (as I commented elsewhere in this thread) the page
was designed for a very specific resolution, window size, and font size.
 On that subject, see
<http://www.anybrowser.org/campaign/abdesign2.html#screensize>,
<http://www.coedu.usf.edu/it/resources/WWWDESG_1.htm#Page>, and
<http://wwwhost.cc.utexas.edu/web/guidelines/pagesize.html>.