Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Henry wrote:

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

Henry wrote:

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

Henry wrote:

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

Henry wrote:

In Password Manager, if you have more than one entry
for a site, can you delete all but one?  There are
some sites I have 3 and 4 entries listed.

and your question is what?

My question is can I remove the extra Password Manager entries for the same site and just leave one site listed in Password Manager or does Password Manager use more than one entry for some reason?

Henry

you can remove whatever you want to remove

I got this reply from Bill Davidson. "I would be afraid that they are not really duplicates, but you can't see the difference. That is museum artifact code you have there."

I don't know what that means, but it makes me afraid to delete the duplicate entries. Can I do harm? Please explain.

Henry

take a look at each entry and make sure they're not duplicates. If they're dups, then delete them. If they're not dups, and each one is different, then don't delete them. For example, you may log into hotmail.com, but the server may be live.2.com or live.3.com or something similar.

As for "museum artifact code" he's talking about the password manager it self. The code is ancient and belongs in a museum.

If you want to see your passwords better, then I've attached something that works great. Just save it to your hard drive, then use the Browser, and click on File, Open File, find the file, and open it from there. It will give you a list of all your passwords. A lot better than the current password manager, imo though!

The program you attached works great. Here are some entries (without passwords) that I have. Can I delete all but one of each of them?

https://www.comcast.com wa0...@arrl.net https://www.comcast.com wa0...@arrl.net https://www.paypal.com 1 https://www.paypal.com wa0...@arrl.net https://www.paypal.com 1 https://www.paypal.com 1 https://www.paypal.com 1

This is where I don't know what's safe to delete.

Thanks for you program.

Henry

becareful, cause the password could be on another line. For instance, on some sites, you will have a page just for your user name first, then on the next page will be your password. So, in SM, that will be 2 entries.

If you want then do this: make a backup copy of the .s and key3.db files. The .s is the password file, and the key3.db give you access to the file. Once that is done, then visit those sites, and see what happens. If nothing, then go ahead and delete them. You won't cause a problem, cause you can always replace the password file.

As for the "program" that I attached: its not a program, but a piece of html javascript.

I found the key3.db file but what/where is the .s file please? Thanks for hanging in there with me.

The Password Manager examples I gave before were the name of the site and the user ID as seen, all on a single line. The passwords were on the same line but I just deleted the passwords.

Henry