David E. Ross wrote:
On 4/24/2009 11:26 AM, John wrote:
The password manager in SeaMonkey doesn't always offer to save a password, depending on the site being visited. I have noticed in particular that it frequently won't save a password for a secure website having an https://... address. And yet this is not always the case. It will save the password for some secure sites. Is there any way to get it to save the passwords for all sites? Thanks!

John

I found that putting the following into the user.js file for my profile
significantly expands the scope of the Password Manager:
        user_pref("wallet.crypto", true);
        user_pref("wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride", true);

Don't forget the semi-colon at the end of the line.  You must then
completely terminate SeaMonkey and then restart it for this to become
effective.

There will still be a few sites remaining where this doesn't work.
Also, nothing in SeaMonkey 1.1.x will help if the user ID and password
are entered in separate Web pages; I was told that the Password Manager
for SeaMonkey 2.x will indeed handle that situation.

After adding these two lines to my user.js file, I now am getting a popup "Change Master Password" (current password (not set)) every time I login where a password is being stored. I want to understand this better before I add a master password. I have never seen this popup before. Advice?

John
--
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.