On 4/24/2009 11:26 AM, John wrote:
> The password manager in SeaMonkey doesn't always offer to save a
> password, depending on the site being visited. I have noticed in
> particular that it frequently won't save a password for a secure website
> having an https://... address. And yet this is not always the case. It
> will save the password for some secure sites. Is there any way to get it
> to save the passwords for all sites? Thanks!
>
> John

I found that putting the following into the user.js file for my profile
significantly expands the scope of the Password Manager:
        user_pref("wallet.crypto", true);
        user_pref("wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride", true);

Don't forget the semi-colon at the end of the line.  You must then
completely terminate SeaMonkey and then restart it for this to become
effective.

There will still be a few sites remaining where this doesn't work.
Also, nothing in SeaMonkey 1.1.x will help if the user ID and password
are entered in separate Web pages; I was told that the Password Manager
for SeaMonkey 2.x will indeed handle that situation.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Don't ask "Why is there road rage?"  Instead, ask
"Why NOT Road Rage?" or "Why Is There No Such
Thing as Fast Enough?"
<http://www.rossde.com/roadrage.html>