On 4/10/2009 8:17 AM, Raylee Cooper wrote:
> Hi,
> I have just upgraded to Seamonkey.  I have enabled javascript, ticked
> every box in the edit section of the browser window.  But I'm still
> unable to view most pages, and more often than not, get a message on the
> pages I open saying I need to enable javascript.  So, I go back up to
> edit, preferences, then advanced to check the settings, it's still
> enabled and I still can't view the page. Do you know why this is
> happening?  I really like Seamonkey and I'd hate to have to revert back
> to my old browser because this one doesn't work properly.
> Thanks, Raye

Often, this is a problem with the Web site, not the browser.  The Web
site is "sniffing" for your user agent (UA), the specific browser
version you are using.  Unfortunately, the site is sniffing incorrectly,
looking for Firefox and not Gecko.  This creates problems for other
Gecko browsers, including SeaMonkey, Camino, and Minimo.

Please let us know some of the URLs (addresses) of the Web sites that
are causing your problems.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Don't ask "Why is there road rage?"  Instead, ask
"Why NOT Road Rage?" or "Why Is There No Such
Thing as Fast Enough?"
<http://www.rossde.com/roadrage.html>