Mark Hansen replied On 4/10/2009 11:16 AM

On 04/10/09 09:07, Michael Gordon wrote:
Raylee Cooper replied On 4/10/2009 10:17 AM

Hi,
I have just upgraded to Seamonkey. I have enabled javascript, ticked every box in the edit section of the browser window. But I'm still unable to view most pages, and more often than not, get a message on the pages I open saying I need to enable javascript. So, I go back up to edit, preferences, then advanced to check the settings, it's still enabled and I still can't view the page. Do you know why this is happening? I really like Seamonkey and I'd hate to have to revert back to my old browser because this one doesn't work properly.
Thanks, Raye

Raye,

When you installed SeaMonkey did you enable "Quick Launch", it places an icon in your System Taskbar nest to the clock.

If Quick Launch is enabled then you have to close SeaMonkey down completely, including Quick Launch, QL keeps some parts of SM in memory to quickly launch the SM application, and this may be preventing you form seeing your web pages with JavaScript.

Michael

Are you sure you have to restart SeaMonkey in order for the Enable JavaScript
option to be recognized? I've never had to do that.

Only if he had Quick Launch enabled and turned it off.

Michael