Leonidas Jones wrote:
HilsB wrote:
Rufus wrote:
HilsB wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Gabriele wrote:
HilsB ha scritto:
First thanks to all for a great upgrade to SM2.

I agree :)

[cut]
Now at each startup of SM2 'Master password required for Software
security device' - no other passwords required after registering
1.1.18's mail / newsgroup passwords.
My question - how to stop SM2 startup 'Master Password Required' at
each
startup.

The same here on OSX Tiger, it's a bit annoying.

Gabriele

for Mac only:

SeaMonkey Menu > Preferences > Privacy & Security > Master password
choose The first time its needed.

Thanks for reply Philip -
Checked that out a while ago. It doesn't work for me.
Any other ideas - maybe it is a genuine bug.

Yes - it is a bug:

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.0/#issues

It can be fixed, this fix worked for me.

Thanks Rufus
I've looked at the quoted report a few times but I don't have the
know-how to access the file on this Mac. Any help appreciated.

Is this the workaround in question?

Workaround: If a Master Password is set and you saved your login
credentials, only one prompt will appear at startup. You can disable
this new behavior by setting signon.startup.prompt to false in
about:config.

If so, open the browser and type about:config into the location bar.
Click through the "warranty" warning.

In the filter field, type signon.startup.prompt. The pref will appear.
Right click or Control click on it, and click Toggle, to set it to false.

Lee

That's it! Except that I didn't use the filter, I just scrolled down until I found it - using the filter is quicker. Worked for me.

If you have a Master Password set, it will also ask for it to authenticate before allowing display of the config page.

--
     - Rufus