robert.ga...@att.net wrote:
Robert Kaiser wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Well, for one - as the interface stands now I have no idea what the
JavaScript default is for Mail and News by just reading the Prefs panel;
only that it is enabled or disabled for the Browser. So the assumption
could be that if I enable it for the Browser, it's now enabled globally.

If it was globally, it wouldn't state "Browser" next to the checkbox.
Not having a checkbox to enable it for mail and newsgroups means that
you cannot enable it, i.e. it's not available at all. But I agree that
the user interface could be better. I'd appreciate a bug with
suggestions and a patch filed for 2.1.

Poor interface design; no feedback/information on what is going on. And
suppose I do want it enabled for Mail and News...then what is my option?

None. JavaScript in MailNews is not just evil, it's not supported due to
its unclear security state.

Well it certainly is supported even if it is not advisable. Just look at the entry in about:config.
javascript.allow.mailnews  default  boolean  false

If activating this does nothing, then it should not even be present in about:config.

It still ought to tell me what it's doing and/or not doing clearly, without having to dig into the about:config page.

--
     - Rufus