Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:50:48 +0100
From: Martin Freitag<prof_nosp...@quantentunnel.de>
To: support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: need help with SeaMonkey and Mac

suze l'fox schrieb:
Every time I try to download SeaMonkey 2.0 on my Mac, I receive a
message the 'image' is corrupt and the download failed. I've tried to
reload, tried to reboot - tried everything I know but stand on my head.
What on earth is wrong?

Have you tried emptying the cache?
regards

Suze, zone 6, SW IN

Okay, this is making no real sense, so I would suspect we need a lot
more information.

First of all, what version of OSX are you running? Note SM 2.0 does
require Tiger or above.

Second, what browser are you using for the download? If you are using SM
1.1.18, try using Safari.

Lee

Alright I've got it.

I tried downloading and mounting the 2.0 dmg, on a Panther machine, knowing it would fail. The message I got was exactly what you report.

Panther ( OSX version 10.3.9) has been out of support for quite a while now. SM 1.1.18 is the last version that will run on Panther.

If you machine iw running Panther, it is almost certain that it will run Tiger (10.4.x). Tiger is still receiving updates from Apple, and will run SM 2.0, as well as many other programs that will no longer run on Panther.

You can find Tiger install disks available on eBay and Amazon for pretty reasonable prices. It would be worth doing.

If you want, post the specs of your machine. We can advise you as to whether or not it run Tiger, or perhaps Leopard.

Lee