ClintonHammond wrote:
I tried to open my Seamonky2 bookmarks file in an editor (As I often
did with previous versions of Seamonkey) only to be met with a warning
in the header about how it's a generated file and will be read and
over-written and DO NOT EDIT... What kind of nonsense is this?!?!?!

How can one edit one's own bookmarks file??

Do a "Save As" as opposed to a "Save". Then you will have a backup in case you mess something up and need to revert - you can simply swap the files in and out of your Profile.

I make copies of and edit my Bookmarks file all the time so I can e-mail collections of Bookmarks to people on occasion. All they need do is open my edited file in a browser and click away.

--
     - Rufus