Leonidas Jones wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Bush wrote:
Hartmut Figge wrote:
Bush:

I do not want any tabs in seamonkey 2.0 . How do I get rid of the
TABS.
I have unchecked every thing that pertains to Tans in Preferences .
Do I
have to Go back to ver 1.1.18 to Eliminate Tabs ?

I haven't tested much, but you could try these settings:
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/sm091115.png (16 KB)

Hartmut
Same settings I have Here . Just maybe it is a Windows 7 thing? I
never
saw any Tabs since Netscape 1.1 until Mozilla 2.0. And Yes I still
have
the 1.44 Floppy that contained 1.1 setup.

Netscape had tabbed browsing starting with 6.0, and continued to the
end
with 9.

Mozilla Suite had tabbed browsing from the beginning. 1.0 had it, as dd
every other version released, There was never a Mozilla 2.0, so I am
not sure where you are coming from on that one.

If you are talking about Firefox 2.0. well Firefox has also had tabbed
browsing since its inception as Phoenix.

The simplest answer is just don't use them. Maybe you could post an
example of when a tab opens when you don't want it to, so we can advise
you as to how to avoid it.

Lee
Now that screen shots is abandoned where do I send screenshot. send me
your email address and I'll show where its not needed

Phillip, you have a web site. Why not upload your screenshot to that
space, and then link to it?

Lee

Okay:

http://www.phillipmjones.net/NoTabs.png

BTW: I've converted most of my html pages to XHTML (XML) 1.0.i
Transitional and as far as I can tell those that have been converted do
not have any errors. checked through DreamWeaver 8 (yes can't afford the
price of update to CS 4, for now) and I've used the code error check
built into iCab I am not say everything is perfect but I am working on it.

What is this screenshot supposed to show?  I see a Mail/News window with
no tabs open.  How does it relate to the problem of not wanting tabs in
Mail/News?

Lee
Didn't you see the tab bar above the Subject??

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com