obones schrieb:
Hello all,

I'm currently reviewing SM2 and when I installed it I told it to import
the settings from my existing SM1 installation.
All email accounts got imported, along with the SMTP server definition.
While I can send emails just fine in SM1, I always get an error when
sending emails with SM2.
The error says this:

Unable to authenticate to SMTP server SERVER_NAME. The serer does not
support any compatible insecure authentication mechanism but you have
chosen insecure authentication. Try switching on secure authentication
or contact your service provider.

I tried turning on TLS or even SSL, but none of these are provided by
the given server.
What I find weird is that it worked and continues to work fine in SM1.
Obviously, some option has been removed/disabled in SM2, but which one?
Is there a way to reactivate it?
I'd recommend making sure that you have entered your login-data for the STMP server if necessary (if not, e.g. your provider is using SMTP after POP, remove them). Try to enable an disable the secure authentification to test with each setting. When trying with, StartTLS should be supported my most servers I think. If everything fails, try to recreate a second SMTP server fom scratch and associate it with your corresponding-account.
regards

Martin
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii