DoctorBill wrote:
Martin Freitag wrote:
snip

Just rename the folders in the old account and then copy it to your new one (while SM is closed!). On next start SM will automatically intgrate them.

snip

Martin

Need help...

Files are named thusly under old folder;

Sent  (no extension)  large
Sent.msf    smaller
etc.

Rename them to what?  and put them where ?

Do I erase the current ISP's folder and rename the old ISP's folder to the new one's name?

I know I could TRY that, but then I might irreversibly screw the pooch !

There is nothing more fun than trying to recover from a DA mistake....

AFAIK you can just copy the folder into the matching directory in the new account. Assuming you have nothing of value in the new account, do a recursive copy of everything in the News and Mail directories from one account to the other.

Just be sure you copy from OLD ISP to NEW ISP directories, or you will have a "restore from backup" event.

When/if you move to SeaMonkey 2.0 you have a whole new problem with migration, ask a detailed question when you're ready.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>