Ray_Net wrote:
Bush wrote:
Please post in this newsgroup, When a Good working version of seamonkey
2.X is available . 2.0 is real Buggy . It needs to be Marked as   BETA
  Time for me to go back to 1.1.18

The best attitude you can do is to avoid trying to use a new
version/design ... too earlier.

Problem is they drop support and updates on 1.1.8 as soon as 2 went gold. so if there are any security problems, it won't be updated.

Yes 2.0 crashed more for me, than the 1 series did for me in about 5 years. But usually it will the first two versions after a major release that everything settles down. I miss the forms Manager and the old downloads Manager but I've found extensions that work around those _defects_.

I am happy about one fix for a bug that's been around since SM 1.1.
I save copies of a lot of emails and in Mac version you could hit command-S to bring up save as window. Then hit command-S again and it would save the file. That was broke in 1.1 and no offer was made to fix it even though it was documented. Happy to report That that bug has been removed in Version 2.0 at long last. (Mac version).

Even now reading newsgroups post suddenly become read as soon as I click on the group It should not be marked as read until click on it. Besides the Mozilla newsgroups it does it in secnews.netscape, Annexcafe, and msnews.microsoft (follow groups associated with MS Office Mac). when you click on the server there might be 20 unread messages showing. as soon as you actually click on the individual newsgroup it will suddenly jump 10. Never had that problem in SM 1.x

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com