On 11/29/2009 10:07 PM, Bush wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Bush wrote:
>> /snip/

>>> I spoofed Nothing ... What is Spoof ?
>>>
>>> I had seamonket 1.1.18 and uninstalled it then I installed 2.0 Found it
>>> was a piece of Crap. So I uninstalled it And now I installed 1.1.18
>>> again . Copied over the files I saved to DVD's prior to installing 2.0.
>>>
>>> I am Not Angry ... I love trying to Get a piece of Crap up and
>>> Running... But 2.0 is out of my Class .
>>>
>>> So how does one Get rid of this So called SPOOF ?
>>
>> Deep breath myself.
>>
>> Look at the User Agent string you posted in response to David's request.
>>  Its above, but here it is again:
>>
>> SeaMonkey 1.1.18
>>
>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.23)
>> Gecko/20090825 *Firefox/2.0.0.7*
>>
>> *Emphasis mine.*
>>
>> You have your 1.1.18 profile reporting that it is Firefox 2.0.07 on
>> Windows XP, instead of SeaMonkey 1.1.18 on Windows XP.  The site's
>> browser sniffer lets you in because it thinks you are using ff 2.0.0.7.
>>
>> That's called UA spoofing.  The User Agent string is what is reported to
>> the web site's server as the browser and OS you are using.  At some
>> time, you changed the User Agent string in SeaMonkey 1.1.18 to spoof FF
>> 2.0.0.7, probably to "fix" a similar problem with another web site.  You
>> may not remember doing it, but clearly you did it at some time.
>>
>> This can be done manually in about:config, or by an extension, such as
>> teh UA switcher.  I don't know how you did it.
>>
>> Installing 2.0 caused SeaMonkey to report as what it actually is,
>> SeaMonkey 2.0.  If I spoof the 2.0 UA to report as FF 3.5, it works fine
>> too.
>>
>> To tell users that going back to Sm 1.1.18 to *fix* this problem is
>> totally incorrect. SM 1.1.18 with its proper user agent has exactly the
>> same problem as SM 2.0.
>>
>> I understand your frustration over the Sm 2.0 upgrade. Still, it is
>> unwise to simply post blanket *fixes* as you have done tonight.  Its not
>> always correct, indeed often wrong, and its not helpsing users to solve
>> 2.0 problems.
>>
>> Lee
>>
>   Too bad I am Using Windows 7 professional...  Now How did that error
> Happen ?
>   As stated before . I know nothing about Spoofing... Its just that the
> method Both of you think is Accurate , IS in NO WAY accurate .
>
> Windows 7 Pro and Seamonkey 1.1.18
>
>   No Xp on my hard drive , I did a NEW INSTALL ( No Upgrade) of win 7 .
>

> and here is your So called spoofing results again
>
> SeaMonkey 1.1.18
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.23)
> Gecko/20090825 Firefox/2.0.0.7

Good Grief! The only way your SeaMonkey 1.1.X will report that
user agent value is if YOU put it in there at some point. The fact
that you don't remember doing it doesn't change that fact.

The spoofing goes in the Profile. The profile is not shared between
SeaMonkey 1.1.X and SeaMonkey 2.X, so the spoofing done in 1.1.X
would not have been copied to 2.0 (unless, again, you copied it).

As a result, the fact that your installation of SeaMonkey 2.0 is not
spoofing itself as FireFox is not a surprise.

> ps...
>
> When I had Xp and Seamonkey 1.1.18 I was able to get into the Blm
> Website . and prior to win7 installation I NEVER installed The Firefox
> standalones on this computer .

Installing Firefox has nothing to do with having SeaMonkey spoof itself
as firefox.

Do you still not understand what spoofing is? It was explained to you
in a previous post.

>   I first went to Blm site Way back in 2002 when I started Research on
> my Family History . I found my Grandfathers Homesteader property via
> that site and even printed out a copy of the Deed , So I guess I SPOOFED
> seamonkey to read as seamonkey 2.0 . SEVEN years before seamonkey 2.0
> was released .

Where do you see that? According to your User Agent string above, you
spoofed SeaMonkey 1.1.X to report itself as Firefox 2.0.07, not SeaMonkey
2.0.

You don't seem to want any help, but rather just want to sling mud at
other SeaMonkey users. What's the point in that? Whom do you believe
you are helping?