Benoit Renard wrote:
> John Boyle wrote:
>> My evaluation of 2.0 is that it is somewhat faster as a browser, but,
>> as with all the others, the email and newsgroups stink, still! I did
>> NOT want to even download it, but was persuaded by a couple of people,
>> however, nobody seems to want to tackle the FACT that version 2.0 IS
>> TERRIBLY DEFICIENT IN THE EMAIL AND NEWSGROUPS DEPARTMENTS, as people
>> have been saying, CONSTANTLY, and the developers JUST SIMPLY REFUSE TO
>> LISTEN TO ANY CRITICISM, EVEN IF BASED ON FACT!
>
> Please don't confuse "Robert Kaiser", the most prominent developer,
> with "the developers".
>
> I'm a developer, even if I don't contribute all that often, and I will
> tell you this: SeaMonkey 2.0's mailnews part is based on a beta
> version of Thunderbird 3.0. When Thunderbird 3.0 is done, the next
> release of SeaMonkey 2.0 will incorporate all the fixes, and hopefully
> be more reliable in that department.
To Mr. Renard: Well, I look forward to seeing the change in those 2
Parts, then! I am glad to see that someone DOES listen, after all! I
hope you have taken what 1.1.18 has and just improved, if possible, on
it by removing what ever problems it has, as re-inventing the wheel when
it is NOT needed, only breaks the continuity of the product! :-\