John Boyle wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:
On 12/7/2009 2:01 PM, John wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:
On 12/7/2009 10:49 AM, John wrote:
Apparently migration from 1.18 to 2.0 is not supported either and it
(2.0 install) wiped out my iTunes files.

What!? Migration from 1.1.18 (I assume that is the release you
meant) to
2.0 is not supported?
All I can say is that I tried several times to install 2.0 over 1.1.18
and it corrupted my iTunes file and would not open.  That would suggest
that there is a problem moving between the two.

So this means SeaMonkey does not support migration from 1.1.18 to 2.0?

Sir, your logic escapes me.

No they are talking about there is a Migration assistant to go from
1.1.18 to 2.0, but if you are dumb enough to wait until 2.1 to jump.
then you be unable to bring over your files automatically unless you
manually do so.

What you need to do is download a copy of 2.0 and keep it handy use
1.1.18 until all the big bugs are worked out then use 2.0 to migrate
to the 2.x format. Then upgrade to 2.1 and it should work fine. It's a
Good thing I switched despite the glaring bugs and oversights and and
left out (for no reason) stuff. It would be a heck of a deal to me to
move 131 sub directories for one email address and all the filters,
and spam filters to move reliably manually.

To pjones and newsgroup: Since NONE of the developers/contributers who
LOVE SM2 will give detailed instructions on how to migrate email and
newsgroups, CLEARLY AND SUCCINCTLY, to all of us who are basically USERS
ONLY,  then ALL you have put out is wasted entirely! AND I do not mean
bits and pieces here and there, either!!! Plus the TOTAL LACK  of COMMON
SENSE IS SO APPARENT, IT IS NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE IRRITATED AT SM2 AND
ALL ITS INCONSISTENCIES AND INCOHERENCE! I have tried to be patient, but
you people who just cannot admit you made a mistake releasing THIS
MISHMASH TOO EARLY, just have NO CLUE AND COMPLETELY RUN ROUGHSHOD OVER
PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT DEVELOPERS, BUT ONLY USERS! YOU ALL ACTUALLY MAKE ME
SICK TO MY STOMACHE WITH YOUR ARROGANCE, WHICH I HAD HOPED YOU HAD
GOTTEN OVER THAT!>:o

If you will. I am basing this on My experience on a Mac YMMV.
Open SM 2 go to Tools menu > choose import. when window opens choose Import everything or choose to import individual items when you choose it will ask from SM1.1, FireFox, Thunderbird.

Wait, Wait, Wait until everything has been imported. It will import one profile only if you have more than one profile You have to to a manual import.

I don't know if this works with 2 but did with SM 1 originally create a matching profile (tools) switch Profile create profile Shut down SM 2 locate the new profile dump everything inside that profile keep that window open. Locate the equivalent profile for SM1.1.18 hit Command A (select all) and drag to your new Profile. Open SM2 go to that profile. at that point everything should convert to the new style. If you have any others repeat the above. Until you get them all Transferred.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com