NoOp wrote:
On 12/21/2009 11:12 AM, Rufus wrote:
Martin Freitag wrote:
Rufus schrieb:
Just been looking over the user options between the two, and I have to
say that as far as the user is concerned, 1.1.18 had/has far more user
flexibility for configuration, far more informative dialog boxes,
buttons I could actually use, and with few exceptions behaved as I
wanted it to...

Which configuration options and buttons are missing for you now?
Have you filed enhancements bugs for them?

Martin
Not being able to turn Javascript on for the Browser or Mail/News individually, not knowing just what form of encryption is being applied where and to what, smaller non-user friendly buttons, no Forms Manager...to name a few.

about:config
javascript.allow.mailnews;false
set to true.

All that is well and good, but far more than an average user should have to do. It's most grievous example of a user selection which was there previously and removed that I can think of - and such a simple one at that.

I understand the risks involved with fooling around with about:config if one doesn't know what one is doing...workarounds are fine for experienced users, but not for the masses.

You might want to look into prefbar; it essentially is a front end (and
more) to about:config settings. You can add your own buttons, and could
add a button to toggle that setting with a single click.

http://prefbar.mozdev.org/
It's the first thing that I install in SeaMonkey.
Also see:
http://prefbar.mozdev.org/help/

I'm not in the habit of using plugins, but Prefbar looks like it may have some merit...for other reasons than just the Mail/News script control. Thanks.

--
     - Rufus