Rufus wrote:
Martin Freitag wrote:
Rufus schrieb:
/snip/

Not being able to turn Javascript on for the Browser or Mail/News
individually, not knowing just what form of encryption is being applied
where and to what, smaller non-user friendly buttons, no Forms
Manager...to name a few.

No, javascript for mail/news is not in the ui, but it is easy to enable in about:config, and when mnenhy is available for 2.0. it will be in the Folder Options, where I most need it.

The lack of Mnenhy is diminished by the RSS feed capability, which allows the RSS feeds to display as web pages. I have only a couple of newsgroups where enabling js is an issue.

I've already been informed that things like the Forms Manager are dead
and gone for good. And yes - I've filed a bug about the small buttons,
but the individual who put them there doesn't seem inclined to correct
his mistake.

You are wrong about the Forms Manager. There are already extensions that add some of that functionality back, anf, saas Phil Chee posted a while back, it is under discussion for adding it back, at least in some form.

/snip/

If Firefox/Thunderbird are harbingers of what's to become of SM due to
the SM team not being able to maintain their own code content for
functionality, then I'll just stick with SM 1.1.18 and call it good -
like some enterprise users I know that still depend on Netscape. I've
tried to get those users to upgrade from NS to SM in the past, I'm not
really sure I have a reason to do that any longer.

No I don't think so. Isn't the point of the SeaMonkey project to reintegrate the split projects into a workable suite? I would suggest giving it some time. It works very well for my personal use. For business use it may take a while longer.

Lee