Leonidas Jones wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
David Wilkinson wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
iCab is unusual in that it will (automatically if turned on check for
bad code based on latest w3c specs. Green smile face shows up if correct
or a Purple Sad face show if there are errors. you can click on this and
generate a report which you can then save as a text file which you can
send to webmaster.
For example here is error report for Mozilla.org opening (home) page:
http://www.phillipmjones.net/MozillaErrors.text

It couldn't find Doctype declaration so it based the check on XML 1.0
Transitional. Setting for Strict, Transitional, or Frameset seems to
make no difference check for variants of HTML there are hundreds of
errors, so XML or XHTML seems to be correct setting.

I've managed to correct pages on my website so all of mine I hope are in
the green. I've converted all to at least XHTML 1.0 Transitional.

SM/FF have HTML Validator extension. I had to hack it for SM2 2.0/2.1
but it
works well.

It's amazing how few sites pass validation, especially from the big
players.
Wikipedia and most Mozilla sites are a happy exception.

I am not a web developer, but my simple site passes validation, and I
just
cannot fathom why web developers do not have enough pride in their
work to fix
the bugs. I mean, really, it's so easy to do.

Doesn't work of Mac OSX.

You lost me Phillip, what doesn't work on OSX?

Lee
The HTML Validator extension. Does work for FF

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com