In <news:ebednqfjwvl6vdlwnz2dnuvz_qti4...@mozilla.org>,
"David E. Ross" <nob...@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

> On 1/14/2010 4:24 PM, »Q« wrote:

> > Mike Beltzner is the director of the Firefox project, ultimately
> > responsible for what is and isn't in Firefox releases.  Talking
> > about the PM GUI, Beltzner says in that thread, "We obviously won't
> > ship a product to users that regresses important functionality that
> > our support teams rely on".
> >
> > And obviously, if the PM GUI is available for Fx releases, it will
> > also be available for SeaMonkey releases.
>
> As I said before, the replacement for Profile Manager requested in bug
> #539524 is -- from the Summary, Product, Component, and Description in
> that bug report -- only for test and triage, not for end users.

That's right -- that bug is not about the end-user product.  The first
paragraph of the bug summary for 539524 says "This application could
also be a shim while in-product support for a replacement UI is
created."  The end-user functionality will be handled in another bug
entry, I guess after the refactoring, assuming they continue they way
they're headed.

--
                                      ASCII Ribbon Campaign      \ /