Leonidas Jones wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
»Q« wrote:
In<news:h4-dnaaw_yrxtnlwnz2dnuvz_hmdn...@mozilla.org>,
Phillip Jones<pjon...@kimbanet.com>  wrote:

Phillip Jones wrote:
/snip/

You always jump to that conclusion, no matter what you've actually read.

Perhaps part of the problem is that you don't actually know who has what
responsibilities, so you can't tell who's saying what.

Mike Beltzner is the director of the Firefox project, ultimately
responsible for what is and isn't in Firefox releases. Talking
about the PM GUI, Beltzner says in that thread, "We obviously won't ship
a product to users that regresses important functionality that our
support teams rely on".

And obviously, if the PM GUI is available for Fx releases, it will also
be available for SeaMonkey releases.

He is but one person. there many other there anxious to deep six it asap.
Can your 85 year old Grandma trying to use command line to do something
that was easy to do.

Okay, where is that coming from Phillip? Have you read the thread in the
developer group? I don't think you can support that statement.

Even if it is true, Mike Beltzner is a pretty important one person.

Lee
Yes I have been reading the group and even posting occasion.

And Mike is suggestion not deep six Profile manager but to modernize it.
But the other voices except of those of us have some sanity are read to can it ASAP. Many say there is no need for even texting for a bad profile. Some even suggestion it be self healing. but suppose the self heal routine destroys information you need to keep. What then.

I am not saying everything has to be on a menu. But why switch something that's been a menu choice for ages and suddenly its a Command line that you have to use Terminal to use. I am not looking at the prospect. That would mean I would have to make a daily back up of my profile Folder ever day just to reload in case some went haywire.
mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com