Robert Kaiser wrote:
»Q« schrieb:
Mozilla Messaging inherited a lot of stuff from previous
Mozilla Suite and Thunderbird developers, including a security model
which hadn't been maintained for years and was no longer usable.

And that the JavaScript we had in mailnews was a security problem had
been known for quite some time before Mozilla Messaging came along and
we knew that we couldn't ship a major version of SeaMonkey or
Thunderbird with it, as we had no clear investigations that showed that
JavaScripts in emails couldn't take over the client itself - which is a
clear security problem as those JavaScripts are executed when you read
HTML mail in 1.x and you only realize they are a problem when the attack
has already been successful.

Robert Kaiser

As I said, It ain't going to happen, Unless someone comes up with an extension to add it back. And that not going to pass with the mozilla big-wigs. They don't want it.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com