Robert Kaiser wrote:
Phillip Jones schrieb:
As I said, It ain't going to happen, Unless someone comes up with an
extension to add it back. And that not going to pass with the mozilla
big-wigs. They don't want it.

An extension probably cannot change this, what it would need would be a thorough security review of the affected code. It's not about wanting or not wanting it, it's about being able to guarantee security. This seems to be a concept that a number of people here don't seem to grasp anyhow, or intentionally neglect.

The concept missed is that's its OUR computer. No one is asking you to guarantee security or anything else, we just want the option of JS on a per-newsgroup or rss feed basis. I agree it should be turned off, I'm comfortable that the option to turn it on have all sorts of warnings, but you sound like a mix of Microsodft and a smothering mother, saying that you know whats best. It's one thing to to leave a feature out because it isn't in TB or FF, but to take away user choice is a different thing.

No JS as a global option is a prudent choice, no way to turn it on in trusted environments is removal of a feature some of us find useful. People who ignore the warning and want it on either know what they are doing, or should be allowed to take themselves out of the gene pool.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>