Interviewed by CNN on 19/2/2010 22:36, David E. Ross told the world:
> On 2/19/2010 12:51 PM, JeffM wrote:
>> Phillip Jones wrote:
>>> Page designers that design pages for w3c [compliance]
>>> should add a notation.
>>> /This website was written to World Wide Web Consortium Standards
>>> and should show properly on the vast Major of Web browsers
>>>
>> There's even a tag for that.
>> Put this in an HTML file and view that with IE, then Gecko:
>> <!--[if IE]><br>
>> Only Internet Exploder can see this text.<br>
>> <![endif]--><br>
>>
>>> /If not please contact the creator of the browser that does not,
>>> and please tell them you will discontinue use of
>>> [their] product until [it] meets specifications/.
>>>
>> ...or simply:
>> This site best viewed with a standards-compliant browser.
>> http://google.com/search?q=%22+best.viewed.with.a.standards-compliant.browser
>> When combined with the tag shown above
>> and using large red text, it grabs the attention.
>> Using the flash tag would put the icing on the cake.
>>
>>> The funny thing about w3c is MS is one of the Signatories of W3C
>>>
>> It's easier to do damage when you're one of the Fifth Column
>> than when you're an overtly declared enemy:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
>
> If appears that more is required to sniff for IE.  I tried your example.
>  The same text showed in both IE 7 and SeaMonkey 2.0.3.

Try this:

<!--[if IE]>

Wide Web Consortium</a> specifications and should display properly on
the vast majority of Web browsers on the market today.</p>

browser that you used, and tell them you will discontinue use of their
product until it meets specifications.</p>
<![endif]-->

You may style the note above as you wish, for instance, like this:

  #ienote {border: thick red outset;
           background-color:yellow;
           color:red;
           padding:0.5em;
           clear:both;}
  #ienote p.warning {font-weight:bold;
                     font-size:larger;
                     text-align:center;}

I tried using "blink", but IE apparently doesn't support it -- even as a
style, which IS in CSS1. So it's useless in this context.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-