Jay Garcia wrote:
> Wife running SM 1.1.10 cuz she doesn't need to upgrade.
>
> New computer - Windows 7
>
> Every time she opens the mail component a popup alert says SM isn't the
> default mail app - interesting because Win7 doesn't come with a mail
> application - and asks if you want it to be default and a check box to
> not ask again. Boxed IS checked but it still asks every time.
>
> What now? An entry in about:config maybe?

The issue here is that SM versions prior to version 2 were not ready for
the User Account Control setup introduced with Windows Vista (and still
present with Windows 7). I'd first try to make IE the default browser,
then some other browser (e.g. Opera), then try making SM the default. If
that still doesn't work I'd try to start SM with admin rights once. You
can also try the "Set your default programs" method or anything else
described on the following page:

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_browser>

In any case these are suggestions I cannot check myself since I'm using
SM 2 on WinXP (and Linux, like now).

HTH

Jens

P.S.: I'm a bit surprised to see you on the other side of support but I
guess it'll happen to all of us eventually. ;-)

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>
SeaMonkey Trunk Tracker <http://smtt.blogspot.com/>