On 5/28/10 5:39 AM, Frog wrote:

> I succeeded in making the move from 1.1.19 to 2.0.4, with a few small
> problems.  The one I am attempting to resolve at the present time has to
> do with opening an Old Faithful page.  Here is a summary of that
> problem--I hope somebody can help me solve my problem.
>
> I first go to:
>
> http://www.nps.gov/archive/yell/oldfaithfulcam.htm
>
> Once there, I next click "Old Faithful Geyser Live!" at the top of this
> page.
>
> On the next page, I click "Launch Old Faithful Geyser Live!—Video WebCam."
>
> The next page has a yellow banner at the top with the following printed
> in that banner:
>
> Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page.
> Install Missing Plugins
>
> I then click:
>
> Install Missing Plugins
>
> On to the next page:
>
> Plugin Finder Service
> Available Plugin Downloads
> Fhe following plugins are available:
> (check in the box) Windows Media Player 11
> Some plugins may require additional information from you during
> installation.
> Press Next to install these plugins.
> Back       Next
>
> I clicked:
>
> Next
>
> I then get a new window as follows:
>
> Plugin Finder Service
> No plugins were installed.
> Windows Media Player 11     Not Available     Manual Install
> Find out more about Plugins or manually find missing plugins.
> Back      Finish
>
> Clicking Finish takes me back to where I once had the page with the
> yellow banner at the top (now less the yellow banner).
>
> Clicking Manual Install takes me to this address:
>
> http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspx
>
> I manually downloaded the software and then moved to install this
> software.  Well, I was only given one option, and that was
> repair...guess what, I clicked repair.  It went through the process of
> doing the repair--and I then returned to the Old Faithful web can.  I
> again got the yellow banner window.
>
> Question: Is this one of the plugins that hasn't been rewritten for
> SeaMonkey or am I doing something wrong again?  Any words of advice/help
> would be appreciated.
>
> Frog

I believe you are a victim of invalid browser sniffing.  I get the
yellow banner with SeaMonkey 2.0.4 and with spoofing Firefox 3.6.3.  But
I don't get it with spoofing Internet Explorer 7.

See my <http://www.rossde.com/internet/sniffing.html> for suggestions on
how to deal with invalid browser sniffing and how to defeat it.

Note that the Web site in question indicates:

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>