On 7/21/2010 11:00 PM, Phillip Jones wrote:
Lucas Levrel wrote:
Le 21 juillet 2010, Tom Pamin a écrit :

I've been delaying moving to SM 2.x because I like using the Form
Manager in
1.1.19 so much. I know there have been several similar extensions
developed
for 2.x, but are any exactly like the Form Manager in 1.1.19? If not,
which
one is recommended at this time?

I don't think there's a "recommended one". But people here can tell you
their opinion...

I routinely use Autofill Forms (Philip Chee ported it to SM). It's very
elaborate but you can make a basic use of it (as I do). It's even better
than the old Form Manager since you can set keyboard shortcuts to capture
forms, fill in them, fill in and submit them, etc.

I use the two extensions Forms History Manager and AutoFill Forms. the
two almost replace the better Forms Manager in SM 1, but no quite. but
come very close. I've resigned myself having to use two extensions to
replace what was easy as falling of a log in SM 1. And Since these two
extensions have come out all talk or restoring the forms manager has
stopped.

snip

Perhaps also because lots of those who are dissatisfied with 2.0x remain, as I do, with 1.1.19 or went to FF 3.5 or 3.6 and TB, hoping that upcoming version 2.1 will bring back missing features (albeit perhaps in a different form :))-and correct some other issues.

They have quit talking about those issues since they feel they have made their point and hope they have been heard by the developers ...

--
John Doue