Henry wrote:
I'm running a Dell computer with 3GHz processor, 2 G Ram and WinXP Pro SP2.

I now have Mozilla 1.7.8 and want to upgrade to Seamonkey 2.04. Will
that upgrade or do I have to go through a Seamonkey 1.x first?

Thanks

Henry

I'd wait for more responses from people more knowledgeable than me, but...

No, you don't have to go thru Seamonkey 1.x to get to 2.x

I don't know how well Seamonkey will behave importing everything from your existing Mozilla installation, so my suggestion is carefully to back up your existing files (especially your bookmarks and email) first. You can do so using Mozbackup (if you're on Windows) or manually.

You can then run the Seamonkey 2.x installation and see if it finds / migrates your files. If it doesn't, you can get them from your backup (and your original Mozilla installation should still be there too, for that matter).

Personally, for such a major change, I have always done a completely new installation without migration, used Seamonkey to do basic new account setup (including email), and then copied my old mail folder contents (and bookmarks) into the new. But that's just my method, which I realize won't work or is too complicated for many.

I presume you really mean "the latest Seamonkey" (2.0.6) rather than having some particular reason to go with 2.0.4. But if you do want 2.0.4 and have the install program, what I say above should work either way.

Regards, RL

--
Rob Lindauer - for my real address, replace "att" with "sbc"