While the behavior of 2.1a2 is fine for an alpha, when the beta comes out I hope it will be a bit more practical to test, in terms of not being a one way conversion.

Currently it appears that the 2.0.x calendar (Lightning) get changed into something preventing ever going back. It's not clear if that is only on current profile or if this is global. Most add-ons don't work, and even those which do, like password exporter, claim they don't. Themes are incompatible, even the themes included with the alpha release. I'm not sure what that means, I've been testing basic functionality.

The point I'm making is that if this is a one-way trip, and once you run 2.1 on your real profile you need to do a restore from a backup most users don't have and don't know how to do. This should be VERY carefully documented.

I've been happy, what works seems to work well, be there's bunch which doesn't.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>