doc@ kd4e.com wrote:
> This is so filled with error
>it would take too long to refute them properly,

I wish you would make the effort to educate me.

>but here's the short list:
>
>There are *several* versions of Puppy with user accounts.
>FatDog 64 comes to mind but I *know* that there are more.

So far, I count 2 proper Puplets:  your 1 and my 1.
More names of actual exemplars would be welcome.
That's what? 2 percent of Puplets?

...and, again, you don't see either of those
when you go in the front door of Puppy sites
--especially not with a tag on them that says
DOESN'T SUCK LIKE REGULAR PUPPY.

Sorry.  You're not going to convince me that the philosophy
of the chief developer of Puppy is not critically flawed.

I *am* willing to acknowledge Puplet developers who do it right.

>Fluppy[...]utilizes a Trash folder

..and I assume runs as root--again, like Win9x.
...or XandrOS, or Dyne:bolic, or Lindows/Linspire/Freespire.

>It is as easy, or easier, to add and remove apps from Puppy
>than in MS versions of windows.

ANY Linux distro's package management
is orders of magnitude better than whatever Micros~1has.
I won't argue in favor of M$'s junk on any level.

I am willing to advocate for Linux distros
--but not defective-by-design distros.

>It is just as easy, or easier, to "bork" MS versions of windows -

Again, I won't defend M$'s crap.
I hold them up as examples of what NOT to do.
To the extent that Puppy repeats Windoze's mistakes
(especially those of Win9x), I condemn Puppy as unsuitable.