Ed Mullen wrote:
DSF wrote:
 Hello!

 (Windows XP Pro SP2, SM 2.0.8)

    I go to this address:
 http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?zipcode=33570

    Then I look through the evening's listings and if there's a show I'm
 interested in, I right click and open it in a new tab.  When I'm done
 I usually have four or five extra tabs open.  I go to each tab and
 save the page locally.  This is where the problem is.  Within two or
 three saves, SM will freeze up in the Save As dialog box.  Usually
 just clicking in the File name area will cause it.  At this point, the
 only thing I can do is go to task manager (where XP says SM is running
 fine) and kill it.  I then run it again, wait for the tabs to load in
 and continue saving until it freezes up again.  This is a real pain in
 the A$$!  The Save As dialog box doesn't operate normally in other
 ways when saving from that site.  For example, if I type in a new name
 and press enter, it highlights the name instead of accepting the enter
 as the Save button being pressed.

    There are many other web sites where I save pages this way.
 Zap2it.com is the only place I've found where this happens.

I have no idea why it's happening but I can confirm it.  Tested on
SeaMonkey 2.0.8 and Firefox 3.6.10 on Windows 7 Pro.

1.  Go go link above, select a service
2.  Open four show descriptions in new tabs
3.  After saving one or two tabs CPU usage jumps to 50% and memory usage
keeps climbing, falling climbing etc. and the app appears frozen.  I can
select other program windows but cannot re-select FF/SM. A couple of
times during testing my entire system froze for several minutes.  I
couldn't select anything.  I finally hit SHIFT-CTRL-ESC and that forced
Task Manager to have focus.  I then manually killed the FF/SM process.

Does not happen with Opera 10.61.

Doing all of the above worked just fine for me. SM 2.0.8, XPProSP3.  -JW