Daniel wrote:
Jim wrote:
SM 2.0.10, Windows XP w/SP3, Pentium 4 with 1.5 gigs RAM. Last night I
was using the SM Browser and it crashed. After that, I could not start
up the browser. The "Select a Profile" screen came up, but, as soon as I
moused over the screen, it would crash. I tried starting u[ the browser
with options from the command line, and a page would load just fine,
until I moused over any place in the page, and it would crashe. Same
with SM mail.

I couldn't reboot because I was running a distribute computing app in
the background, and didn't want to lose 4 hours of work. This morning, I
came down and SM started up just fine.

Comments on this? Does SM set some error flag some place? Seemed like
something was in memory that SM didn't like. I'm also running Norton
Internet Security, and it likes doing stuff during the wee hours of the
night, so maybe it took up whatever was in memory that was bugging SM?

Jim

Jim, a while back, SeaMonkey (or, more likely, it pre-decedent Mozilla
Suite) had a problem where you were able to close the program, but it
would still be shown as running in the list of Running programs found
when you did a Ctrl-Alt-Del, so you were unable to re-start the program
until you had clicked on the name in the list of running programs and
then you clicked on Finish or Close or whatever.

You're being ab;e to start SeaMonkey the next morning might have been
because SM had naturally been closed by Windows.

Daniel
Actually, SeaMonkey had shut down and no longer appeared in the list of running programs in Process Explorer.