For reasons that I can not sort out, images are being blocked in SM 2.0.10 used with my 933 mHz Dell 4100 using Windows XP-Home SP3 and Avast! security software.

Specifically, the background maps when I go to Mapquest won't appear at all and images on e-Bay often appear for a second or two and then disappear. In both cases, SM is set to allow images from these two sites. Text displays correctly. Turning off Avast! doesn't fix the problem either.

Could this problem be caused by an SM Add-On or is it more likely to be a preference setting that I don't know about?

Any help and/or suggestions will be gratefully received.