HenriK wrote:
For reasons that I can not sort out, images are being blocked in SM
2.0.10 used with my 933 mHz Dell 4100 using Windows XP-Home SP3 and
Avast! security software.

Specifically, the background maps when I go to Mapquest won't appear at
all and images on e-Bay often appear for a second or two and then
disappear. In both cases, SM is set to allow images from these two
sites. Text displays correctly. Turning off Avast! doesn't fix the
problem either.

Could this problem be caused by an SM Add-On or is it more likely to be
a preference setting that I don't know about?

Any help and/or suggestions will be gratefully received.

I have now disabled all SM add-ons, disabled the Microsoft firewall, disabled the Avast! security software, enabled all images in the SM security preferences window, enabled images for Mapquest and e-Bay specifically in SM, and have SM installed in a sub-folder (directory) of my own creation.

Images still don't appear for these two URLs in the Windows XP-Home limited log-on. They do appear in the Windows XP-Home administrator log-on.

Anybody have any idea what could be going on?