NoOp wrote:

As you all know, it was a pretty difficult transition for some users to go from SM 1.x to
2.0. If 2.0 is now "maintenance only" mode, then I wonder if it is worth
continuing with SeaMonkey further.
I think you have misunderstood the point of "maintenance". New features are always developed on trunk. At some point, we'll put a temporary freeze on new features, to allow as many remaining bugs in those features to be discovered and fixed. Locale strings are also normally frozen at this point. Eventually we decide we're ready and create a release branch. Development on the next version of SeaMonkey can then restart on trunk (in practice we don't have the resources for this until after the release.) Meanwhile the release branch fixes last-minute bugs at which point we can then release the x.x.0 version. But that's not the end of the branch; bugs are always being found, and if they have a severe impact (e.g. data loss, crash) then they are fixed on the branch and typically every month a maintenance release containing these fixes is delivered.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.