On 1/1/11 6:53 AM, Stan wrote:
> Seems like there are a number of sites where they tell me I need
> JavaScript enabled.  I check Preferences/Advanced/Scripts and Plugins
> and it is enabled.
>
> For example, at the very bottom of this page:
> http://www.capecodfactoryoutlet.com/index.php/store-directory
>
> Stan

I tried the site with JavaScript both enabled and disabled.  In the
latter case, I don't see any message about needing JavaScript.

There were some slight differences.  For example, with JavaScript
enabled, selecting either the E-mail or print icons on the page launched
a new tab; with it disabled, the E-mail and print pages replaced the
Directory page.

Is it possible you have an extension that requires JavaScript?  I know
that FlashBlock requires it.  (But there is no Flash on your cited page.)

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.