Interviewed by CNN on 09/06/2011 21:42, Paul B. Gallagher told the world:

>> But why do you think it is mailnews? When you are in a browser window
>> how do you know that mailnews is downloading?
>
> Because just when the computer starts responding again, I get the audio
> and visual alerts that new messages have arrived, and on switching to
> the mail app, I see new messages in my various folders.

I have noticed this too, but in my case it seems to be related to
updating the RSS feeds (I follow quite a lot of them). It's not nearly
as bad as it used to be with NewsFox on Seamonkey 1.x, but it's still a
bit annoying.

Regular mail downloads (either POP and IMAP -- I have both) don't seem
to freeze my machine at all, unless there are BIG attachments -- and in
that case, I might suspect the antivirus...

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
... Sent from my Total Lack of Social Skills.