On 06/16/2011 06:26 PM, Philip Chee wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:29:09 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>> On 06/13/2011 09:29 AM, NoOp wrote:
>>> Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20110608
>>> Firefox/4.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.1
>>>
>>> Since upgrading from 2.1b2 I have been having odd issues with POP3 email
>>> stored passwords. On this system I've 4 POP3 accounts & occasionally I
>>> get a password failed error on one or another of the accounts. Sometimes
>>> I can reproduce if I 'Get Msgs|Get All New Messages'. The odd part it
>>> that the correct password *is* there & if I follow through on the
>>> password error dialog, when prompted for a new password, the password is
>>> filled in, but the check box for always remember/save (can't recall the
>>> exact wording just now) in unchecked. I do not enter any other password,
>>> just tick the remember/save box and click OK & off it goes.
>>>
>>> It doesn't happen on any particular account. I seems entirely random.
>>>
>>> Anyone else notice simlar?
>>
>> Still getting these. Nobody else?
>
> If it is only sometimes, then this implies a network or connectivity
> problem.
>
> Phil

I thought of that. However, as mentioned when the popup occurs & when I
follow through, the password *is* correct and already entered in the
popup screen, however the remember/save is unchecked. I'll try to get a
screenshot of it next time, but that indicates to me that is it a client
issue rather than a network or connectivity problem.

Back in 1.x I used a tool from Neil that allowed me to capture the
network session. I'll see if I can hunt that down & try that. If not,
I'll start wireshark & try it that way, but Neil's (I think it was Neil)
method is cleaner as it showed only the SM session bits.

Gary