NoOp a écrit :
On 06/16/2011 07:41 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 06/16/2011 06:26 PM, Philip Chee wrote:
If it is only sometimes, then this implies a network or connectivity
problem.

Phil

I thought of that. However, as mentioned when the popup occurs&  when I
follow through, the password *is* correct and already entered in the
popup screen, however the remember/save is unchecked. I'll try to get a
screenshot of it next time, but that indicates to me that is it a client
issue rather than a network or connectivity problem.

Here is a screenshot.

<http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/screenshotenteryourpass.png/>

As you can see, the password is already filled  in (and shows properly
when I open Tools|Password Manager. Note however that 'Use Password
Manager to remember this password' is unchecked. I just check it and
click OK&  I'm good.

Also note that it seems to happen randomly on each of my accounts, i.e.,
it's not the same account each time.

maybe you could tailor mailnews.tcptimeout (there is in prefs)
see
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Modify_Thunderbird_settings

I have set mine to 120

--