On 6/29/11 2:39 PM, Michael Gordon wrote:
> Bill Spikowski wrote:
>> S. Beaulieu wrote:

>>> In 2.0 (and I expect in 2.1 also), you can define separate identities
>>> for each
>>> account, and each identity can have its own sig. You need to go in
>>> Edit ->
>>> Account Settings, then click on your account's name. You should then
>>> see a
>>> Manage identities button. Click on it, and there you can add
>>> identities (for
>>> example, one for business, one for personal, one for nonprofit).
>>>
>>> Once you're done with that, you can select the proper identity when
>>> you compose
>>> an email by clicking on the Sender bar at the top of your email
>>> writing window,
>>> which will allow you to choose which identity to use. Once you select
>>> it, you'll
>>> see its signature appear. If you change identity at this point, the
>>> sig will
>>> also change.
>>

>> Thanks for the tip, I had never noticed "manage identities" before!
>>
> That is all true if you have different mail accounts.
>
> As I understood the original question was for a single mail account with
> the ability to use different signatures depending on where the message
> was going to be sent, not which account was going to be used.
>
> Michael G

That is a capability of Signature Switch.  First, setup signatures.
Then edit each signature to be the default for a specific E-mail address
or newsgroup, without regard for accounts.  No, you don't have to make a
particular signature the default for any address or newsgroup.  Also,
you get a Signature button on the TBird compose window, through which
you can select any other signature for the current message and override
the default.

I just hope this works for TBird 5.  I'm about to update having just
done a complete backup of my PC.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.