On 7/27/11 1:55 PM, MCBastos wrote:
> Interviewed by CNN on 27/07/2011 16:19, Cathy Palmer-Lister told the world:
>> Hi, I moved to a new computer,and from XP to Win 7. I cannot get SM to
>> work with Norton antvirus though they got along just fine in old
>> computer. I've tried installing SM before the antivirus and vice versa
>> but same result--some sites do not load at all, some give weird error
>> messages.  Sometimes the FB like button wants to downlaod as a programme
>> or something. Facebook is the worst, but even google does not always
>> load in properly.
>
> Well, I suppose you have already paid for it, so this ship has sailed,
> but...
>
> My general advice would be to get rid of Norton. Well, get rid of
> anything by Symantec. It's the only company I have ever seen which has a
> business model of buying fine pieces of technology and either killing
> them or turning them into crap. Not even Corel or Microsoft are as bad.

I use AVG Anti-Virus from <http://www.avg.com/us-en/homepage>.  I chose
this because of a very strong recommendation by my favorite independent
computer shop.

If you don't like it, there is no harm because it's free.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.